Last few days in Rome


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 26th 2012
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.8955, 12.4823

We somehow found our Rome apartment (via car without a GPS). Once again well done to G. The apartment is nice although very very noisy. There is no double glazing The first night we don't get much sleep, getting used to the sirens and also the bed shaking when the metro passes underneath - and we are on the third floor!

The next three days are a bit of a shopping frenzy. Sue is the poshest, buying her Furla bag on Via Condotti. But we all do pretty well. Bags, shoes, boots, jackets, perfume and anti-cellulite creams (yes really!).

We do visit the obligatory sightseeing spots, but all the while scanning for shops around the corner.

It rained all day Sunday so we slowed somewhat. G got a little excited visiting the Harley Davidson boutique and came back with a bag of pressies for Les.

G left us for a week in Singapore on Tuesday so Sue and I started the day visiting the Salvador Dali exhibition at the Complesso del Vittoriano. What a wacko he was - not sure what drugs he was on. We spent the rest of the day shopping (with me worrying about how much my suitcase will weigh). Had a slap up dinner at the Hotel Quirinale for our last night in Rome. It's all coming to an end 😞.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb