London. 5-0 Fulham


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
December 3rd 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5207, -0.123788

What a day - we walked 15km, and that's before we head off to a late supper!

Up early, and grabbing one (or more) pain au chocolats each, we drive into London. The GPS had interesting ideas on which route to follow - we were astonished to find that we were driving through Regents Park, and there were giraffes outside the car window (London Zoo).

We dropped the bags at Bedford Place, dropped the car at Judd Street (detouring past our old home in Sandwich St) then walked over to Grays In. Rd to return the car keys. A stupidly long queue saw us split up, with the kids and I going to Kings Cross Station to buy our Oyster cards whilst Steven queued to drop the keys in a box.

By 11am, we were whipping down the tube line to Tower Hill, walking in perfect sunshine around the Tower and crossing Tower Bridge. We walked along the Queens Walk along the riverside through Christmas markets down to the Golden Hinde, which is a replica of Sir Francis Drake's ship at St Mary Overies dock (didn't get into Southwark Cathedral again - will have to return!!) and had lunch at the neighboring pub.

Then off to the soccer - a decent 10 mins walk with the singing fans along the river at Putney to Craven Cottage where we watched Fulham FC smash Reading 5-0 - read Tom's blog entry for the details of the game! It was a really exciting game which we all enjoyed immensely.

Then tube home to Bloomsbury to collect the keys to our apartment (11D Bedford Place) we are four stories up in a Georgian townhouse, 2 large bedrooms, 2 baths, an enormous lounge dining and very large separate kitchen, with views over the gardens and up to Russell Sq and Bloomsbury Sq - 2 mins to British Museum, 2 mins to Holborn tube. Perfect.

We made a pasta dinner for the kids and tucked them in, then Steven and I headed out to Covent Garden to Terrior restaurant to meet Miranda and Jonathan, Kelly and Davina. How European - going out to dinner at 9.30pm! They'd been to see a show. It was so so good to be together with these dear friends again - we laughed and talked until the restaurant kicked us out at 1am!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.312s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb