Georgia - Oxford and Harry Potter


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
December 2nd 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5204, -0.124052

Day 5. Oxford and Harry Potter
Woodstock to Kings Langley (via Oxford and Harry Potter studios)

We woke up to no frost this morning but unfortunately a clody sky. ☁ Luckily the cloud cover led to the weather being slightly warmer (reaching 8°😉.

We got up and after breakfast and checking out drove 30 minutes to Oxford. We walked around the town and then went for a tour of the Bodleian library. It was very pretty, unfortunately our guide rambled for ages and the staff were very cranky about a tour going through - despite the fact that ttour was run by the university and goes 6+ times a day!!!

We then drove to Harry Potter studios which was INCREDIBLE! We walked around actual sets of Hogwarts and so many of the places we've loved seeing in the books and the movies! Some highlights for me were Diagon Alley, the scale model of Hogwarts used for sweeping longshots in the movie, and the insides of all the Hogwarts rooms. The Great Hall especially was incredible. It was really great to see some of the features of the sets not actually seen on camera. One thing we learnt was that they made the beds in the boy's dormitory too small, so by the last movies, they didn't fit in the beds!!! It was really special that when we went outside to see the Knight bus the turned on fake snow!! It was all truly unbelievable and amazing!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb