A knees up in Shoreditch, and a sad goodbye


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 10th 2006
Published: October 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Bagel BunchThe Bagel BunchThe Bagel Bunch

The bagel devourers are (from bottom left) Josh, Leon, Mark, Ruth and me. We're outside the 24 hour bagel shop on Brick Lane.
Saturday 7th October
Becky hosted a night of shenanigans at her place in Shoreditch, to celebrate Katy's time in London and farewell her in the style to which she has become accustomed. Not to mention to impress her with our wonderful selves, in an attempt to make her stay! We had an amazing night and thinking back, it was quite incredible that Becky's two scottish flatmates tolerated the crazy kiwis (and one english bloke) kicking up a ruckus all night - the discussions, photo shoots and dancing ended only with the 5am migration of half the remaining party to the 24 hour bagel shop on Brick Lane.

Monday 9th October
Katy's last night in London 😞 She is so much a part of London life now that I am going to expect to see her back again in a couple of weeks, with new tales of a strange culture and another country notched up. Alas, she's going a bit further away than that, but she promises she'll be back again next summer! (And, Katy? The crew here will certainly hold you to that!)

Tim and Becky came round to our hostel and the five of us went down the
Everyone on the couch!Everyone on the couch!Everyone on the couch!

Tim, Katy, Angus, Becky, Richard and Josh see just how many can fit onto a two seater couch.
road to the pub, for a low key evening involving a huge pub meal - and Katy finally had her Yorkshire pudding! Lots of fun was had by all, but underneath it was the realisation that it was the last time we’d see our H&M baby for a while... Hugs Katy, we miss you! x


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Blue Eyed GirlsBlue Eyed Girls
Blue Eyed Girls

Katy, me and Ruth - can we have our own song now?
Happy snappers!Happy snappers!
Happy snappers!

Katy, Tim, Paul and Rachel examine a photo taken by Ruth. Meanwhile the floodgates have been released and Josh just can't seem to stop posing...
Antics in the kitchenAntics in the kitchen
Antics in the kitchen

Josh, Leon, me and Tim in Becky's kitchen. Tim was actually the photographer in this instance: I think he deserves as much credit for the amazing expression he managed to get out of Josh, as for the pyramidic composition.
Katy and Becky dissuading Will from leavingKaty and Becky dissuading Will from leaving
Katy and Becky dissuading Will from leaving

Once at the party, you must stay at the party! Will managed to escape anyhow, he was running a race the next day.
Group hug!Group hug!
Group hug!

Ruth disassociating herself from Josh,Tim and Leon's huddle of brotherly love.
Mischief makingMischief making
Mischief making

Me, Katy and Becky.
Talk with the handsTalk with the hands
Talk with the hands

Angus and Josh deep in converstaion, echoed by Tim, Ruth, Leon and Richard behind them.
Gollum the ChavGollum the Chav
Gollum the Chav

This is on Becky's fridge! Becky shows her blended Kiwi/Brit roots with this pic of Gollum represented as a member of the lovable UK tribal phenomenon - Chavs. (For anyone curious, see here: http://www.chavscum.co.uk/ )
The paparazzi were out in forceThe paparazzi were out in force
The paparazzi were out in force

Angus and Tim blinded by the bright lights of two flashes at once - Katy took the same photo from the other side. (Arts Ingest, represent!)
Let's Dance!Let's Dance!
Let's Dance!

We danced until the small hours started getting quite large again. Bowie dominated but there was a preponderance of Dire Straits too.
5am, and bagels never tasted so good5am, and bagels never tasted so good
5am, and bagels never tasted so good

Mine was salted beef with cream cheese, and was quite easily the best thing I have ever eaten at 05:05.
The Last SupperThe Last Supper
The Last Supper

Round the table for dinner on Katy's last night. We all had enormous pub meals with lashings of mashed potatoes and gravy. (But no ginger beer, and our Timmy didn't say woof.)
BFFBFF
BFF

Jenny, Becky and Katy - at the pub for Katy's Last London Supper. (Until next time!)
Katy and TimmyKaty and Timmy
Katy and Timmy

At Katy's farewell Tim couldn't even finish his ridiculously large steak and ale pie... the girls made short work of his leftovers.
Don't leave us!Don't leave us!
Don't leave us!

Prolonged good byes in the hallway of the hostel. (Jenny's room is the door at the end of the hall, and my room is on the left, just behind the wall with the mirror.)
A traveller's detritusA traveller's detritus
A traveller's detritus

Katy's last minute packing meant a few sacrifices. The Parisian coat and the H&M wardrobe won the available space, and the faithful Chucks got... chucked.


26th October 2006

I can't believe....
She chucked those all stars...they had a few good years left in em
26th October 2006

I know!
But she said they were manky, and she had a fair point... plus there was NO WAY they were going to fit into her pack!
27th November 2006

Thankyou
I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends. I miss everyone so much - but so glad we had such a fun night before I had to go. Thanks Ju for making such a lovely page!

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb