An Oktobor October


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
October 8th 2006
Published: October 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Me and James at the Oktobor dinnerMe and James at the Oktobor dinnerMe and James at the Oktobor dinner

James assured me it wasn't the spicy food having a wilting effect on his hair, but rather a less than satisfactory hair gel.
With Katy’s time among us here in London Town almost spent, it was deemed time indeed for an Oktobor reunion. When counting up, the incredible number of us here in the UK is quite suprising, and the timing seemed auspicious, so a group of us met up in Soho for an evening of food, reminicenses and general misbehaving, as evinced below…

Ten of us started off in true London style: at the pub. After the catch ups and "Wow, I didn't even know you were here's" were over, we moved to a local Indian place for dinner, where some of us were too busy chatting to notice that the chilli warning system is not quite the same as at home - and ended up with the hottest curries we have ever had! (Thank goodness for yoghurt.)

Very full and breathing flames, we had a nightcap on our way back to Oxford Street and various forms of transport. It was a great night to meet up and all swap stories and news of home... I will let the photos tell the rest of the story!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Rachel, Josh, Marie and PaulRachel, Josh, Marie and Paul
Rachel, Josh, Marie and Paul

In the Masala Zone, prior to ordering - our table was a constant blaze of camera flashes as we all strived to capture each other for posterity. (And then hunched over the cameras, looking at the pictures!)
Chimping!Chimping!
Chimping!

Ben, Guy and Katy admiring their image in Ben's mobile phone. (Great definiton here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimping )
Josh dancing to his own tuneJosh dancing to his own tune
Josh dancing to his own tune

At the end of dinner everyone gathered down one end of the table, contributing piles of coins towards the bill, which Mr Rogers took charge of (and probably contributed too much to. Thank you, Ben.)
Katy and Guy at the Masala ZoneKaty and Guy at the Masala Zone
Katy and Guy at the Masala Zone

Tape room buddies, re-united over pappadams.
We are not amused... but Ben is!We are not amused... but Ben is!
We are not amused... but Ben is!

Guy trying hard not to laugh? Ben was the only native out with us, as Matt couldn't make it... and everyone else was antipodean. (But we're picking up the customs as easily as the pints.)
Me and KatyMe and Katy
Me and Katy

Slightly manic after our Chicken Madras Grand Thali dinners - turned out a two chilli rating where we ate was the hottest of the hot!
Creatures of the nightCreatures of the night
Creatures of the night

Ben, Katy, James, Greg, Marie and Guy outside after dinner.
Happy Tree FriendsHappy Tree Friends
Happy Tree Friends

Josh, Marie and Guy absorbed in the tiny flickering screen of Guy's iPod. This was Marie's first introduction to the gory delights of these sweet little animated animals.... http://mondo.happytreefriends.com/
PoseursPoseurs
Poseurs

Josh and Katy about to take a picture, just before closing time. (Katy wears H&M.)


Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb