Good Morning Hyde Park


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 22nd 2015
Published: May 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

A morning run in each city has become a ritual I hope to continue around the world. I actually detest running and would rather be on two wheels, but when you have such interesting and beautiful running tracks it's not too bad. We did a big one this morning - 3.5kms! We may have had a few stops. The obligatory selfies gave me a breather and a fellow tourist asked me to take a photo of her that turned into 4 bloody photos in four sexy poses. Talk about pushing the friendship.



We ran around the Serpentine and stopped at the Serpentine Lido where local saddists were doing laps in what has to be pretty chilly water.



All this physical activity so early got the blood pumping and bodily functions in motion. Let's just say it was memorable to drop the kids off at the lido.



3.5 kms around the lake and back onto the streets. We drop into Paddington station to grab some pastries and muffins and a couple of lattes for the girls.



I mentioned the way cycling was a part of normal life in Copenhagen and how the MAMILs were nowhere to be seen. Well I found some in London. The rich folk of North London don't mind the expensive bike and lycra. They are however the exception. I've seen plenty of fold-up bikes in london and the odd flat bar fixed and single gear. I would classify the majority of London cyclist as psychopathic extreme sports junkies. These streets aren't for the fainthearted.



Boris Johnson (crazy looking mayor of London) introduced city bikes and is planning a bike freeway into the city. It's having it's share of problems with space etc but I hope it's here next time we come. I might brave the streets of London next time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb