Final Days in London for Jan 2015


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 9th 2015
Published: February 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

8 Jan

Today we were off in the pouring rain to the Building Centre and it's show Rethinking the Urban Landscape. Rethinking the Urban Landscape argues the case to commit investment to 'green infrastructure' in the early stages of city and regeneration planning. Curated by The Building Centre and the Landscape Institute, the exhibition sets out to show that with long-term landscape planning cities can become healthier, safer and happier places to be - from reduced risk of flooding, to countering the ‘invisible killer’ of bad air quality, to weaving more enjoyable and inspiring environments throughout the urban fabric.



After a quick look around at the brilliant show Ju and Madge went one way to catch-up with a friend of Ju's from uni. I went to my meditative spot in London, St Paul's Cathedral, where I climbed the dome and then went to the crypt to pay respect to Sir Christopher Wren.



That evening Madge left us for her own tropical holiday and we prepared ourselves for the following day's flight.



9 Jan

With a few hours to spare before the flight we went to Harrods for a bit of a poke around. Then off to the post office to post my collection of rocks home to my mom (and her jar of rocks from around the world) along with postcards to friends and family. A final pub meal, changing of the guard and a stroll down to the Thames under our belt we grabbed the luggage from the Farmers Club and were off to the airport.



Until the next overseas travel or local adventure... adieu --------------------------


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb