Legoland!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 15th 2014
Published: September 25th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Lego. Land. A land of Lego. Too Cool!

We fought our way through London traffic and picked up my brother this morning heading for Legoland – a Disney style theme park in Windsor. To say Em (and maybe me) was a bit excited might be understating slightly…

After entering, our first stop was Pirate land where we lined up for the boat ride. “You will get wet on this ride” so the sign says. “Couldn’t be that much” says I… wrong! Fairly drenched, Em had a change of clothes and the rest of us shivered our way off to the next ride. Oh yeah… they take a photo as you hurtle down the final drop into the splashdown pool and then display it so you can buy it (for £10!) Our pic was an absolute classic – Both Em and me making faces of abject terror!

We had a great time on lots of other rides including a construction zone. They have a bunch of real little backhoes and I got to help Em have a go at a real digger. There was a live pirate show with lots of acrobatics and a few pyrotechnics and then we spent almost 1 ½ hours lining up for a submarine ride which lasted about 2 minutes… The coolest ride was when Em got to drive a real little Lego car. Designed for 3 to 5 year olds, they are tiny single seater electric cars and she was great! The look of concentration on her little face was brilliant and she steered her way around the track overtaking and generally leaving the rest of the kids behind. She is very proud of her driver’s licence too.

We didn’t leave until the park was closing and our last ride was actually the last ride of the day. On the way home, we encountered some roadworks and the traffic was backed up for about 10km so we found an Indian restaurant in the satnav and stopped for tea. It was some of the best indian we have ever had despite having to wait almost an hour for our order. We made sure Em got to say goodbye before she fell asleep in the car this time so there were no tears when we got home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb