Art In London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
November 21st 2013
Published: November 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

What are famous artists in London?

In London, England there are five famous artists that seem to get everyone's attention. These artists have a wonderful way of expressing their country. The creative structures that they use to illustrate are incredibly beautiful and have seem to put in so much effort and love. These artists are Anna Airy, John Bratby, Thomas Girtin, William Hogarth, and Joseph Turner. They are the owners of each of their own lovely paintings.

Anna Airy illustrated the ,An Aircraft Assembly Shop, which show bravery of the British war effort in home front. She risked her life to paint in these terrible conditions. John Bratby illustrated the Baby in the garden. John Bratby was inspired by Alec Guinness who was an eccentric painter. Thomas Girtin is the owner of The White House at Chelsea, this is a scenery of his earliest paintings. William Hogarth illustrated the March of the Guards to Finchley, he was amused by the live scenes of London street life. Lastly, Joseph Turner created the painting, A View of the Archbishop's Palace. He was amused by the landscapes and bible scenes.

http://londontopia.net/site-news/5-famous-london-painters/


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb