B4 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 13th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: "What is the current political structure/government in this country/region? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?"

Article: http://library.thinkquest.org/J0112187/england_government.htm



I've recently read a small article entitled "England's Government". The main point of the article was to inform on England's government and how it exactly works. In the article, you learn that England has a monarchy. The type of monarchy they have is called a "Parliamentary Monarchy". The main monarch for England as of now is Queen Elizabeth II. She serves as the head of judiciary, supreme governor of the Church of England, commander in chief of the armed forces, and many other important jobs. After the queen comes the cabinet members. This includes the prime minister and 20 other cabinet members, called the "House of Lords". Each member of the cabinet is elected to five-year terms; however, they aren't elected into office- they are appointed by the crown.

When reading about England's government, I learned that it is very unique. Not many other countries have a system quite like England. In England, they don't use only someone's wealth to determine their class. Instead, they look at many other factors to determine the class they fall into. England also doesn't have just one culture, they have many- which makes England such a diverse country. A common custom when greeting someone in England is a simple handshake. That's pretty much it when it comes to England's form of government.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb