Last day in London (back track)


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 5th 2013
Published: July 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Day 5: Last day in London... for now. Pretty short ordeal for today.

Ok so... I may have found a flat? *happy dance of liiiiiiiiife*

Not 100% sure yet, but looking promising for one of them - close to work, easy bus schedule, clean, etc. All good. It's a nicer part of town... which is good too haha. Of course, difficult to get things organized when I'm now about to leave town again... but we'll see what happens. Trying to figure some things out and need to talk to the parentals... but here's hoping this works out in my favour.

Rest of my day was spent getting things in order for my trip. I put a few more things I storage (ha, all my Primark bags!) and wandered around the town centre a bit. Uhm... no comment.

(Which is golden material for a blog, I know.)

But I'm happy with my potential flat 😊

And tonight I came back into London to see the taping of a radio comedy, Souvenir Programme, by the gloriously hilarious John Finnemore.

He is, in one word, brilliant!

(Kudos to the maybe 3 of you who get the reference... and know who he is haha.)

Before we went into the studio, they had the Murray semi-final on. Wow, that was amusing to watch with a munch of Brits stuck in one room lol. The cheers, the groans of disappointment, hands in the air (good and bad) - you couldn't help but get into it.

In the recording for the show, as a warm-up of sorts, we acted out the match (it wasn't over yet). It was the best thing ever - the crowd was split in two and we had to do the tennis "grunts" while John directed the match and there was a "posh bloke" in the audience screaming something out every so often and the linesman (whatever he's called) and such. It was a riot.

The show itself was wonderful too - he is so sharp, so witty in his writing. I highly recommend it (that and his other show Cabin Pressure which is also fantastic writing and acting). It's neat seeing the process of a radio show as well - they have the four radios set up and depending on the skit they use different ones in different orders and such. There's the little green light to go. But the best part is the fact they really act it out as they go along - omg the faces John would make, and the voices they all did, and the moo-ing. Yes, one of the girls was a cow in a skit. It was just perfect, ok.

That's it for London for now... fly out to Dubrovnik in the morning!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.895s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.4249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb