The Big Smoke


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
April 12th 2005
Published: April 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys,

Well its been a busy week! Made it back to London, spent a couple of days on my own sightseeing (as Billies flight back from Iceland was pushed back), checked out Covent Garden, British Museum and also this flat out at South Ealing.

So Billie then made it back from Iceland in one peice, we had a day or two to quickly figure out what we were going to do, we saw a few flats, (some dodgy, some ok), then this flat I found in Brentford, South Ealing offered us a twin room for 4 weeks (initially they wanted us to sign a contract for 6-months, which we really didnt want to do, being in London only 2 days, and not knowing any areas at all!) But in the end we decided that 4 weeks here would be the best bet, we can then check out other areas, find work, relax, see some London and go from there.

So here we are, the house is 3 floors, 3 bathrooms, with 8 people! made up of South Africans, Kiwis and a Brit. (Oh yeah and a mouse, that ate my bananas last night!!!!!)

So we've been out a couple of nights, checked out the local pub, which turned out to be quite a nice bar, and went out to this flash part of London (sorry have no idea where we were!) to see this comedy gig, and today I did some more sightseeing, checked out Tate Modern (well about 3 galleries, couldnt believe within a few rooms I saw about half of the works I studied in Art History at school!), went in St Pauls, which was amazing, and did a big walk down Fleet Street, then the Strand to Trafalgar Square.

The other day I caught up with an old friend, whos been here for about two years, she took me around Covent Garden, and Leicester Square, really starting to feel that I really am here in London, and that I could really quite like it!

So things are good, but alway's in the back of my mind is the feeling that i've been unemployed for 6-weeks now! and that pounds coming in and not going out would be nice, but hey, its cool, theres thousands of kiwis who have been right here in this situation!

Seen a nice collective of weirdos on the tube, sure theres more whacky ones to come, thanks Mum and Dad again for my ipod, its nice to stare off into the distance and listen to your music as the weirdo goes past. And yes dont worry, ive got it safely zipped in my pocket, so i'll try not to get it nicked.

So the next couple of weeks is a mixture of job hunting, and sightseeing, and also flat hunting, as we've got just over 3 weeks left here! So will keep you guys updated!

Hugs
Aimz






Advertisement



13th April 2005

have agreat time
have a great time , london is great and a wonderful stepping stone to the world, within no time you will be moaning like a true englishman about working so much, but always remember that you will have loads of money to explore the world! good luck! :)
13th April 2005

good luck in your travels
good place to have as a stepping stone to the world, keep us informed of your travels! :)

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb