Sunday 11th September – Happy Birthday Jodie


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 11th 2011
Published: September 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Happy birthday to my cute little niece who is turning 2 today! Her terrible uncle wasn't there for her 1st birthday and is now missing her 2nd birthday too... shocking!
We got up, threw on some clothes and went down to brekkie before they stopped serving it then went back and had showers etc. We left our room by about 11.30 so by the time we made it into the centre of London it was almost lunch time. We came across a sporting type shop that sold bargin labelled clothes so Steve bought a few new clothes. We then decided to brave Primark today - it is a clothing shop that has great bargins but the problem is that there is only one in the centre of London where as a shop similar to it (H&M, my new favourite shop) has 4 shops down one street. It was very much madness there but I came out with a few new items of clothing.We found a nice cafe to eat at for lunch (although by then you could have called it afternoon tea).
We headed towards Westminster Abbey at about 5pm to find a toilet (I am very much so over having to pay for the toilet... bring on New Zealand and free toilets!) and when we got there we saw people were beginning to line up for the 6.30pm Memorial Service for the 9/11 Anniversary so I went to the toilet and Steve went and jumped in the queue. By the time I came back then Steve went and came back we were heading in to the church. We were so far at the front of the queue that we had really good seats and were sitting about 6 rows back from where the Queen sat for William and Cate's wedding... cool aye??? Turned out we were actually sitting in the ticket holder's area but the instructions we were given were not very clear so it was their fault not ours... and they didn't ask us to move either.
After the service we didn't do a lot, caught the Metro home then went to bed!
Another busy day but so much more to see!
Love you all
XX
Crikey, I have just realised it has been 3 days of no photos... better start taking some more photos!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb