Happy 4th of July!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 5th 2011
Published: July 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

There was something odd and unnatural about spending the 4th of July in England surrounded by the red coats. Margaret, Gena, Sam and I went to see Buckingham Palace and the Changing of the Guards. We were able to get great seats sitting on top of the fountain. There are pretty horses and men in funny hats, but it is not necessarily the most exciting display in the history of man.
That night a bunch of us made cheeseburgers and celebrated all that is America with sparklers, Bon Jovi, and lots of cider. Afterwards we headed to the local pub which luckily for us turned into a 4th of July decorated, American loving, Miley Cyrus playing bar.
I proudly at one point stood up on a table and recited the opening of the Declaration of Independence.
The 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday and I was a bit sad not to be able to spend it with my family and friends watching fireworks over the most beautiful lake in the world. However - new friends and obnoxious displays of patriotism in the country we took liberty from was a once in a lifetime experience.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb