Paris!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 10th 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Eiffel TowerEiffel TowerEiffel Tower

Probably not necessary to label this one.
Just arrived home from Paris.

On Friday after class we left for our seven hour bus ride. After checking into our hotel we had delicious late night french food which consisted on mostly cheese, wine, and my first glass of real absinthe. Sadly no green fairy appeared and not one song from Moulin Rouge was song.
The following day we hiked all around Paris. We saw the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Louvre, Palais Royal, Arc de Triomphe, and the fountain featured in the movie The Devil Wears Prada. I have no idea what the name of the fountain is, but I was really excited to see it.
Our first stop was the Notre Dame which is the most beautiful Cathedral I have ever seen. Inside was a beautiful statute of my patron saint Thersea. I lit a candle and prayed for all my wonderful friends and family and the ability to have such a wonderful summer.
We then walked to the Louvre but given our short time schedule didn't have time to go in. We walked along with Palais Royal which are the garden paths surrounding the museum.
When we reached the end of the gardens we were at the Arc de Triomphe which is the monument Napolean built to give grand speeches from. It is remarkable. It has names engraved all over and one of the names in Roussell. Why I found this particulary amusing is there is the dirty secret about my family's last name. Everyone denies that it could be anything than Irish, but especially not French. Since being in Europe I have noticed Russell is a popular last name and even has a square named Russell Square and I sadly came across this French evidence that the name Russell may have some roots there.
After hitting all these monuments in a row we searched high and low for a restuarant. After searching forever we decided to go "The Moose" which is a Canadian themed bar complete with happy hour and Canuck sandwiches. It was delicious and entertaining.
We then headed to the Eiffel Tower which is amazing in person. Most people take the elevator because it is 43!! flights of stairs to get to the second deck, but being young we marched up every step to see beautiful views of Paris.
The next morning we briefly saw the Sacred Heart Cathedral and the Artist Corner before catching our seven hour bus home.
A truly great weekend!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Paris 015Paris 015
Paris 015

If you look carefully you can see the French version of my name


Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb