Alls Well That Ends Well


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 15th 2010
Published: May 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Water FeatureWater FeatureWater Feature

As well as all its numerous shops and computer facilities , the terminals of Singapore Airport have a number of attractive rest areas with comfortable seating, art works, gardens, and water features such as this one.

Saturday 15 May


Good News. All our photo problems have been diagnosed and can be avoided in future. For those of you who are a bit more technically minded, the problem was that, when using our photo resizing program to view the photos on our camera, we were giving the photos a name while the camera was still connected to the computer. This effectively changed the file name for each photo, which the camera no longer recognized. As a result, although the photos were still on the camera memory chip, the camera would not display them on its screen. To avoid this problem we have created a new folder on the desktop into which we copy the photos from the camera that we want to resize and rename. The camera is then disconnected and the photos worked on from the Copies File, completely independently of the camera. Clever Eh! It helps to have an expert Blogger like David around when you need one. The result of all this is that we have not lost any photos, and normal photo-filled blogs will resume.

At about 5 pm yesterday my body hit the wall. I was shivering with a chill, and felt
5 Mile High Restroom5 Mile High Restroom5 Mile High Restroom

Just for Norma's Tony, this is what a toilet looks like in a wide body aircraft. Everything that you may possibly need is provided, including travelling tooth brushes and toothpaste, after shave, mouth wash, hand cream etc.
like death warmed up. By about 8.30 we were both fast asleep. After a good sleep and hearty breakfast, we were better this morning, and the four of us went for a walk for about an hour or a bit more to a good shopping area two tube stops away. The exertion of this left me rather tired, but I feel quite good so far this afternoon, probably because I have kept busy. Karen on the other hand, while feeling no effects from the walk, is enjoying a lie down and a few catnaps this afternoon. The pattern is one that we are fairly familiar with, and reckon on a minimum of 3 days before we feel reasonably normal again.

P&K


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

D&T,s LoungeD&T,s Lounge
D&T,s Lounge

While I work on the computer, Karen writes a letter during our first afternoon in London.
The BloggerThe Blogger
The Blogger

Practising newly learnt skills ths afternoon.


15th May 2010

Sounds like you've been doing some good shopping! Your post made me want to go back to the UK! My blog is looking for travel photos, reviews, etc, to share. If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email us at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. We're actually giving away a free night in Peru or Bolivia right now, if you know anyone traveling there. Continued fun on your travels! Heather :)
16th May 2010

looking good
Hi, You are both looking well, the water feature at the airport is lovely, do they still have the orchids there. Misery guts day here cold and wet, still I guess we cannot growl about the weather. Keep up the walking. Love Pam and Irvin

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb