The Ministry of Noise... opps.. Sound


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 18th 2009
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

After 2 hours of jetlagged heavy sleeping, it was mighty hard to get back out of bed, and get ready to go out. We were so not in the mood. Getting ready was just a blur. We caught the tube to the Elephant and Castle stop. It’s amazing how many people are out and about doing normal business at 10:30pm at night… children too. Jules was running late and sent us a cryptic message directing us to a pub to wait. Ah… same mistake.. no map. We were pointed in the right direction to the Weatherspoons bar for a drink. Amazed that they upsell alcohol. There was a big push to buy double shots. Would never happen here.
They others all arrived and we headed out to the Ministry of Sound nightclub to celebrate Evo’s 30th birthday. We skipped the line at the club and went through metal detectors and security. IT WAS LOUD. It was so loud that your throat and chest vibrated with every beat. I’ve never felt music that loud before. I am so glad I dragged myself out of bed though. It is something that I would NEVER do and had a great time dancing. By 2:45am we had to drag ourselves again, this time back home. We got a cab for 18 pound.. upfront. The Indian driver was very friendly and we had a good chat. Bed was never more welcome.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.442s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb