Day 11-Leaving York and Arrival in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 8th 2008
Published: September 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So today was eventful. Breakfast was delightful. We embarked without packs included to the National Rail Museum of England in York. It was so fascinating to look at all of the coach and see the method of travel that is so prevalent all throughout this country. There was an exhibit which showed how the royal coaches would have looked and gave a brief history of how it ran. It was a princess gracing a train that made it so accepted by the English and later throughout the world.

After visiting the museum we got aboard our train to London. It was a rather loud journey due to the fact that our train was rather dated. I fell asleep to make it go by faster not to mention the fact that I am sick with a horrible cold.

Upon our arrival in London, we once again toted out packs to find out hostel. The Generator hostel is where we are staying for these two days. The room smelled but aside from that, the hostel is full of adventurers like us. Everyone seems friendly and it seems like the environment is exactly what we needed after having stayed in rather stanchly places prior.

After dropping our bags we set off to find our way towards the Gardens located in Regent Park. The gardens are named Queen Mary's Gardens and they are magnificent. There were numerous kinds of roses and lakes. The bravest little squirrels accustomed to being fed by humans along with rather pesky ducks. Everything was riveting for the eyes. We walked throughout the gardens for a few hours.

Tomorrow we are going to enjoy another walking tour which will take us around tons of monuments and amazing locations. I will update then.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb