Day 6: Inverness/ Edinburgh


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » Scotland » Inverness-shire » Inverness
September 3rd 2008
Published: September 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We started the day of in Inverness by waking up extremely early so that we could get out to the battlefield of Culloden. It was very calming and serence and was the perfect setting for an early morning trip. Getting to this location was however quite an experience. To begin, I could not find my memory card and then we missed the bus not only once, but rather TWICE. It was definitely not the start to our morning that we had wanted. When we got there, we were greeted by a sight that was truly breathtaking. It was green everywhere.
After walking through the battlefield, we went into the exhibit hall where the walls were covered in informative plaques and findings form the battle itself. We took the bus back to the city and ran back to the hostel where we finished up with some food and luckily I found my memory card. We rushed back over to the train station where we got on the train and headed for Edinburgh.

Now we been in Edinbugh, we have had the chance to walk the Royal Mile and look upon some truly magnificent buildings that are soooo phenomenal to me that I cannot put them into words. Some of the structures are so gorgeous that when you look upon them you think that you are in a fairytale. The castle is amazing as well as the residences of the royal families that stay here in the city.

Everything seems to be looking up from here. We have found out that we need to do more grocery shopping and that way we can save money. Lesson learned today, now what is in store for tomorrow?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb