Quid????


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
December 15th 2005
Published: March 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


So we went to one of the Brussels train station to take our journey to the UK, we get some discount to take the "Chunnel" a very short ride to London and once again change our US Dollars and Belgian Francs to Pounds (QUID same as US Dollars= Bucks) the first shock, what an expensive country, crappy exchange rate but ok the visit worth it.

The first thing we get was our Tube (Tube=subway) pass, eventough in Mexico City we have a very big Tube system, the complexity of the London tube can be confuse even to an experienced tube traveller, the stations goes from the most modern stations I've ever seen to a real sewer (but very interesting because it give you the sense of London as a very antique city), we arrived to our hostel (we pay almost a Hotel fare in any other country) the regular thing Bed to sleep and breakfast, enough, we were starving, if you have not read the complete series of the blog I need to remember that we made only one meal per day and some Bisciuts (crackers) to kill the hunger, so we head to burger king (Uk bacon rules!!!) and we made the most expensive burger I've ever ate in my life, every time I spent a Pound it hurted.

The next thing to go in London (at least at night) is going to the theater, so we went to see the Lion King (nice play) but our mistake and a new experience, that was the only night that we were able to go to the theater and the tickets were almost sold out so we have an alternative "stand up" places (I do not recommend it at all) two and a half our standing so half of the time my feet hurt and half of the time was an ejoyable time.

At this time of our trip we were almost broke, so the next day we went to my favorite museum in the world "The british museum" not only because is free is simply stunning, the variety of collections the history simply is overwhelming.

If you have a chance leave a few quid to maintain this jewel.

The landscape that London offer is a nice combination between modern and antique sights, the parlament and the London eye give you a postcard of London that you will never forget.

Unfortunately our funds where going out and we could only see some good city sights without be on it "London Tower" what a shame lost this.

London is a very big cosmopolite city that can be overwhelming if you're not used to chaos of big cities, but gettig around Hyde park will give you some calm and see Buckinham Palace give you a good historic insight of England.

By this part of the travel my feet was very hurted and we have one last point in this journey Paris.

Cheers London for a very interesting stop and head again to Waterloo Station.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0851s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb