Paris, La cite plus belle du monde


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
March 20th 2006
Published: March 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

As we arrived to Waterloo train station we found a very curious detail, it seems to be a all inclusive package ( this may be curious to non eureopean lectors)to EuroDisney a bunch of kids running with their Mickey mouse hats, with a 20's Music Band just waiting to get on board to EuroDisney (nice example of marketing localisation).

So again we take our ride trough the chunnel all the way to Paris the first thing and after many countries we buy our Metro(Tube , Subway) 3 day pass and we head easilly to our hotel, at least to the surrounding area, our hotel was very near louvre and Palais Royal areas, so the landscape was gorgeous exiting the Metro station.

Fotunately my french help me out around Paris part of the travel, so asking a Police they head us to our hotel, nice old french hotel again the first task was get some food since I've almost lost 8 Kgm on this travel ( extreme tours - ask for info LOL ) so we found an equivalent of Marks and Spencer in Paris "Monoprix" buy some european industrialized sandwich and universal coke (yes, maybe some of you guys will tell me dude you're on europe and eating McDonalds and sandwiches, well remember travelling on low budget may cut you some experiences like local food) so first of all the Louvre, enormous museum with a huge collection, my favorite part the egyptian expo, greek and ancient cultures but a very crowded museum (guys specially american be carefull of pick pockets you need to be more paranoic be carefull of young couples).

This Louvre visit if you're an art lover deserves several days but ourselves get it on one full day. The surrounding of our hotel give us some good sighseeing points like the palais royal (very nice gardens) and Paris Opera house a gorgeous edification.

The next day we program the visit to Chateau de Versalilles an impresive castle showing the opulence of the Sun King but also the taste of the giantic gardens again crowded of tourist but just getting around the gardens is a relaxing experience for your eyes and soul.

This was time of getting to Eiffel tower to finish our journey and finally giving some rest to my tired feet, amazing structure (if you like the engineering part, this would be even a richer experience) go when the sun begins going down and stay until night this is the most spectacular sight of the visit woth the expensive elevator ride.

Then if you like the Paris Cliche go to Champs Elysees and just fool around if you get enough money spend it on a Cafe sense the Parisienne Cliche.

But only walking around the city give you the best value, talk to the people, eat the multiple cultures you may find and to this in every travel you do.

Next day we head and take a bus to Charles de Gaulle Airport and check in into United counter and this end this first journey to Europe.


PD Not mentioning that united Cancel their flight and give us a sandwich (again), having us waiting 7 hours on the airport and finally cancelling the flight, only good point for united they take us to CDG Airport Hyatt and give us a good room a nice and hot dinner (the best one in our whole travel) and taking us to the states and then Mexico next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb