Jama.....Mexicans under Zero!


Advertisement
Norway's flag
Europe » Norway » Eastern Norway » Oslo
March 20th 2006
Published: April 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys this second journey to Europe was a little more than a year than the one I've write with last stop on Paris the difference this time is that we have the Euro ,we intend a different intinerary and Kevin another friend from University joined Frank and Me, again (And I still don't know why) we take a trans atlantic with united airlines and again the flight from Dulles to Frankfurt delayed four hours and begin with the burger diet hour 5 bucks voucher to get some value meal at burger king until we board heading to Frankfurt.

The flight was very pleasant, thanks Kevin, is fair to say that Kevin's height is mor than 1.90 m so is quite difficult for him this tourist class seats, he began to fell asleep and sudenly I hear Kevin shouting "What a hell..." (Obviously in spanish) and very angry. LOL the flight attendant hit him very bad with the service car on the knee, result a very sorry attendant, and big fluent vodka quantity for us to redeem herself.

We get on Frankfurt airport, first bad news we lost our connection flight to Oslo, so we get out of the plane on to a very old terminal quite strange and a nice United personal lady telling us that a new connection was made for us (now with Scandinavian airlines) so we have to wait about 3 hours more, we fool around the airport not much to see and go to our final gate(at this time jetlag was killing us almost 24 hours on flight and no sleep) we get on a little plane to Oslo almost don't remember anything of this flight (old plane, salmon as lunch and an incomprehensible language around my hang over jet lagged head).

We land at Oslo airport, the first impression "Crap I've never seen so much snow in my life..." (until that time) so we get out to the terminal, very nice wooden terminal building with artificial heat but guys I don't know if you remember this John Candy movie Jamaica under zero or something like that where John was the Bobsled coach of Jamaica team, well remember that scene where they arrive to Calgary and the airport door opens, well picture it and that was our situation, no gloves, no beanies, no coats brrrrrrrrrr (maybe next time 😞 ).

Everybody speaks english (As i've told you is always polite to find out how to say thank you in the local language TAK=Thanks) we get a bus to the city and to our hostel.


Our hostel was quite far from city downtown on a muddy hill, like a northwestern house on the states so after the bus take us we still walk quite a distance, very nice and clean rooms with bathroom and shower in room, tv room and a diningroom. But come on we were in oslo and with the mix of time zones we had energy to have a quick ride to the city. The transportation by tram is very easy. Oslo by night give me the impression of a desertic city, however who takes a walk in the night almost finishing winter.We go around Oslo downtown and around train station. That night we saw a very strange scene there was this zone where some guys (biker style ) were (I asume) drinking on a corner and one homeless guy approach to them, they push him and fell to the floor, next scene the bump returning with the police and every body running (thats justice equal to every body, nice).

However we return to get a good sleep, now next day again we take the tram going trough Oslo which is a beautiful city, very neat, saw the cruises over the port and what seem to be an old viking city very nice, is important to say that people in Norway is extremely kind we have a lot of ladies asking us where we were from etc, the we saw if I remember well a very nice red government building (I think Oslo's townhall)and go to the viking ships museum (a rip, nice but expensive for what you get) and this incredible garden Vigeland Park being one of my favorites Oslo sights.

We go to our hostel to prepare ourselves to go to our next destination in Norway.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb