Off to London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 8th 2008
Published: July 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All....yes it has been some time!

Anyway here we are.


Day 7 cont.
After a frustrating LAX airport visit we were finally on the BA plane! Again in business class however the seating arrangements were quite odd and Eric and I were seated facing opposite directions (I was backwards but I had the window seat as the compromise).

A little annoyed I surveyed the cabin and saw this snooty British couple get on and be ushered to a double seat in the middle of the plane which meant they were sitting together and when they folded out their beds it was basically a double bed - boy was I unhappy. I kept looking around and huffing and puffing trying to get the hostie's attention. Once the plane was full we noticed there were spare double seats and the wonderful BA hostie offered us a double! Very happy.

We touched down in London very refreshed from our flight and eager to jump on the tube to meet Mark and Kiah.

Going through immigration was relatively painless so we thought ok customs next then we are done.

Customs - what a breeze....we were walking through the airport and I noticed in the room we were walking through were large conveyor belts, NO airport staff and a large box of rubber gloves. Just as we get to the exit I commented to an oblivious Eric "we've just gone through customs". No luggage screening, no questions, no shoe washing/checking. Nothing, nutta, zilch. Couldn't believe it!

We jumped on the tube to Earl's Court where Mark and Kiah were waiting. We met up, jumped on two buses and checked out their pad in Wandsworth. Later that evening they took us out for Thai at a local restaurant which was yum.

10.00pm and it was still light!

Mark and Kiah hit us up with all their knowledge, travel books, hand-drawn location maps etc..... (which was extremely handy) and we were ready for the next days sightseeing.



Advertisement



19th July 2008

You're back!!!
Great to hear form you guys again. Raj and I have been wondering how you arae going. Love ot hear more when you have time. It's a good sign that you don't have time to blog.....means you are having way too much fun!!! Love Chan xxx

Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb