Eighteenth Day - London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
June 20th 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today I got up early, did the last of my packing at Kath's and then caught the tube to the hotel where Mum and I are staying for the next couple of days. It's near Gloucester Road tube, in the general vicinity of Kensington.

Mum was there when I got there! We dumped our bags and went and had a bite to eat and catch up. We then walked around for a bit, making our way to Harrods (but it was closed), Mum grabbed a coffee (it was impossible for her to find a place that had soy milk - very different to Sydney) and then we decided to do a walk.

Mum and I caught the tube to Archway (near Highgate) and did a walk from the Lonely Planet Book. We walked up Highgate Hill (a struggle for both of us) then through Waterlow Park, past an old cemetry that apparently houses Karl Marx' grave we then walked through some quiet streets of Highgate and stopped for lunch at a cute little shopping village.

After lunch we walked up Parliament Hill, another challenge, but at the top of the hill it gives you a decent view of London. We then continued walking through Hampstead Heath and the surrounding streets until we ended up at Hampstead shops. This whole area was just gorgeous.

We then caught the tube back to our hotel and mum and I rested up abit then went into the city and met Kath after work. Kath and I made our way to Leicester Square where we met mum and had dinner - Chinese. It was good but Mum and I got a shock at the end when they charged us a pound fifty for a glass of water!

We said our goodbyes to Kath and then crashed early back at the hotel, Mum was utterly exhausted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb