Birthday Bashes


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 12th 2008
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post


Our first adventure down to big old London town, was for the most part, for the belated celebration of Karen’s birthday. We also managed to time the trip to catch up with Kirstyn’s Aunty Val.

Catching the bus straight after work seemed like a good idea at the time but after the 4-5 hours on the bus, sitting apart, we were glad to arrive. We caught the tube and train out to Karen’s hospital room where we managed to cram into her small single room (a true Aussie dossing experience). The next day we headed into town to meet up with Val, it was great to see some family after so long away, and hear a good, strong Aussie accent again. We visited the Rooftop gardens of Richard Branson’s restaurant before an English pub lunch.

By now it was time to head back and get ready for our night out at the theatre. We had promised Karen a night out at the West End for her B’day and were happy to come good on the promise, thoroughly enjoying the Sound of Music at the Palladium. Afterwards we had a great Thai meal before catching the last tube home.

Sunday we managed to catch up with John and Larnie at their flat in Hampstead before heading out for a quick bite to eat.
Before catching the dreaded bus back we also managed to catch up with Scott Cowie in town which was fantastic after such a long time. A coffee and a beer later it was time to go back, comforted by the fact we would be back down again in just 2 weeks!

Kirstyn's Birthday Weekend
This weekend was all in honour (or she may say commiseration) of Kirstyn turning thirty. Kirst had organised drinks and dinner with the few expat friends we know living in London. Turned out to be a great night catching up with people we hadn’t seen in ages as well as some we saw the last trip. Had a nice meal (in the dark for the last part) at a cool little Vietnamese place before a few more drinks at the pub. Still not sure if it was a good idea to head back to Scott and Steph’s to kick on, and while we had a blast back at their very nice pad we weren’t so happy the next day (or two) on the bus back to Manchester nursing impressive hangovers.
Thanks everyone for coming and making it a fun night. Thanks Larnie for becoming photographer for the occasion as we forgot to bring ours along! We will have to get the photos off you at some stage when we next see you?





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Dancing into the early hoursDancing into the early hours
Dancing into the early hours

Can still say up late even though I'm old...for one night every now and then anyway!
Nothing changesNothing changes
Nothing changes

Drink beer...Kirst poses and Jas hides from the camera!!


Tot: 0.313s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 25; qc: 98; dbt: 0.1233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb