Day One: Bring me more Pimms!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 21st 2007
Published: April 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

London Day One


Friday 21 September 2007


Driving out of the airport, I was still a little deaf. It looked just like Sydney,till we hit the houses. Every single house was quaint with shingled rooves and chimmnies everywhere. The lights here go amber before they go green. We got to our hotel The Thistle Marble Arch at about 7:30am. LUCKILY a room was ready! Quite nice. We can see Oxford Street.We freshened up and walked down to Park Lane to get our Original Sightseeing bus tickets. I had left my wallet in the room - up there in the wind. There was a big commotion on Park Lane. We could see a guy sitting on the window ledge threatening to jump. On the way back, we could just see the broken window. Don't know what happened?
The streets of London are awesome. There are double decker buses everywhere! Driving is a little scary. Cars just cut in everywhere and red light.... what red light?? We saw all the main sights. All were impressive. Trafalgar Square wasn't what I imagined it to be. We got off and went to the Tower of London. It was interesting and reminded us of Port Arthur. We saw the crown jewels and then caught the bus to the Sherlock Holmes Pub for lunch. Fish and Chips for 15 pound for 2. Rob had his first hot beer here. It wasn't that flash a place, but I'm glad we visited.
We stopped off at Buck Palace . Very plain compared to other buildings. Then we walked back to the hotel. Took us about 45 minutes and we were buggered. I was so exhausted and sore. We snoozed for a bit and I woke up very sore and stiff and tired.
We went to the Three Tums for dinner just across the road. I'm so glad we did! It was a very popular spot. Friday drinkers were pouring in and all drinking on the footpath.
We had yummy bangers and mash in a pool of gravy. I had my first Pimms and lemonade and quite liked it! Home and into bed by 6pm!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.298s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb