London weekend with the girls!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Yay, a party and toursity weekend in London, with Jordie, Erin Lisa and her boy Dan, and then Kylie turns up on sunday morning fresh off her plane! Terrific!
Started on saturday morning with jordie and i jumping on the train to London, Kings Cross, like the busiest place in the world, its a 3 hour journey and we were both twitching with excitement for having a weekend away! like a little holiday!
So we jumped off the train at Kings Cross and i almost dreaded coming back to london, honestly without a phone i don't know how anyone could meet anyone here, there are just so many people you cant see the floor your standing on! So anyway we werent waiting long till Erin turned up! YAY, so odd meeting people you know from home, where its warm and sunny hard to explain sort of, but was cool to see erin! Lisa was going to meet us in a few hours and we were famished so off to the pub for lunch, irish pub, had good food even though mine is grey, i swear everything in england is grey! teehee, from there we got the tube to picadilly circus where that famous english intersection is, witht he tv's and the satue thing, and that was cool, so easy to find, the tube was straight underneath it, then as three people who had no idea where we were or where anything is, we started walking, and walked towards Leicster Square, i'm sure i've spelled that wrong but meh,. Through Leicster square which was just busy and so many theatre's and pub, not sure if this is the westend or not, but the place was pumping for a saturday and i'm surprised we didnt lose each other through the crows, but there were street performers around the place too, and they were pretty cool! As we continued we saw the london eye in the distance, and wanted to make it to that, so we headed in the general direction, and came into a huge open square with this monstrous pillar in the middle with a old sailor looking fellow on top and fountains around with big metal lions protecting stuff and what not, and thinkin it was very pretty we took some photo's but not having a clue where we were or what we were looking at, we are so stupid, we went back the same way the next day with lisa and kylie, only to be told that it is Trafalgar Square, well how did i know what it looked like, there werent any signs and i'd never sen photos of it before, lol, so continuing through this really cool place with fountains and lions and the pillar with the dude on it, we saw big ben and started to head to that, then got sidetracked by another spotting of the London eye, yes, we knew what the london eye looked like and not Trafalgar Square, we're modern young people! lol, and the London eye is HUGE, but a long walk from Piccadily Circus, and the only reason we knew it was piccadily circus was because thats where the train stopped, haha, we had a look at the london eye, and eventually found the end of the queue and though, well we can be here till next year or we can do something else, and then Lisa rang saying that her and Dan are on the way in and they'll meet us in half an hour, so that was a good chance to go and check out the price for the Eye, and then get some coffee, well the eye is £15 per person, about $33 bucks or something, holy shit thats not cheap! so we opted for the ground view today, cos we didnt have everyone, (kylie was flying in the next day) and lisa was still on her way. And then Lisa turned up... HOORAY, hadnt seen that girl for over 6 months! and she has not changed a bit, except for one really confusing thing, her freakin accent, she cant decide whether to speak in an english accent or an aussie one, even mid sentence, and different words and grrrr... so weird to hear our little aussie Lisa sounding like an english person, oh and she has the great translucent English Tan, she's Jealous! lol. After meeting up with her, and meeting the new boy called Dan, from Shropshire, lol, 'really', teehee, we headed off to Erins place to sort ouyt ourselves for the evening! via waterloo station, which is just humoungous, i cant imagine how big these stations are till we get to them, and waterloo is not small, and so much of it is underground, and along way underground!
We picked up some grub for dinner, as it turns out Dan likes to cook, and he did well, a delicious Cabonara for dinner, and then into drinking games before going out! such a silly idea but it saved me a fortune for going out! We headed into Camden, teehee, and unlike the camden back home that i tended to recently spend some time in! this camden is like Kings Cross in Sydney, but way more out there, we started at a pub called 'the worlds end' which was packed but served cold beer so i was happy, then we went to a wether spoons pub, on the edge of a really cool cnal that was lit up with trees and all sorts, and we got I.D'd by this giant of a security guard, must of been 6 foor 8 or close to, and black and bald, but he was so friendly as he patted us down for bombs or gunbs or something, lol, so weird, it was like going through airport security, all this for a well known cheap pub, lol, seemed a bit drastic for me, oh yeah, and on the way from the worlds end to wetherspoons, the amount of people that try to sell you 'skunk' weed, is freakin hilarious, jordie had a 14 year old or so follow him for thirty metres trying to get a sale, and all i had to do was look at the sellers and i think they decided i looked to stoned to buy any anyway, lol, yay my eyes! so after wether spoons we found a sheish smoking bar, whcih for those that remember the nigila mum got for me from israel, is just a big one of those, kinda like a huge bong, about 3 foot high, you sit around in a big group (we had 5 or 6 of us) and sit there smoking apple tobacco, or some either fruit flavour you decide to have, its all natural and non toxic, and was a good laugh to do! As it was getting a wee bit late then, we opted for a mini cab, which is not like the metred cabs we have back home, these you tell them where you want to go and how much they'll charge, and then you barter with them, i think we couldnt be bothered to barter, as the price seemed reasonable, even though we had no idea where we were in relation to where we were going, but this guy did, and i reckon the half hour drive is would normally be, he managed to do in 20 minutes, flying through back streets at such silly speeds, was a hoot!
So back at erins a cup of tea then bed, yes a cup of tea, they're nuts for it over here, lol,
Kylie arrives! we all got to bed about 2-230ish, and woken up by kylie calling at 730am! yay, so i run out the house to meet her at the station, and all i see walking towards me was these huges backpacks with a small Kylie head poking out, lol, girls bring so much stuff! and so we walked back to erins and caught up and then set her onto lisa and erin! yay,. it was hugs and all till we decided it was time to eat some breaky, and the bacon is terrible over here, it doesnt taste to bad, but you dont have a chance in hell of getting it crispy! as you pull it out of the pack it feels like its been soaking in water for three weeks, its so soggy, and even when it is all brown and thoroughly cooked, when you eat it, is kinda got a squishy feel to it, defniitly no crispiness! After breaky it was where do we want to go time again, and after none of us having any idea, we just went to the station, jumped on a train and did a blind point on the map for a statiuon to get off at, and i think we just gave up on that and headed to piccadilly circus, and with Lisa in the Lead, we did the exact same walk that jordie Erin and I did the day before, without me directing at all, it was just bizarre, well, till we got to trafalgar square, and were thus informed of it as trafalgar square, teehee, so we took loads more photos! and climbed all over the Lions, and danced around a bit, then we took a different turn, and sawa huge gate with latin writing all over it, and decided to head through it, and what do you know, we were on the driveway to Buckingham Palace, and we made it in time to see the changing of the guard, well the end of the ceremony, but it was terrific! saw them marching, and all there guns, and then them standing there as we took photo's with them. and of course us being idiots, we mergened the guard, these are those guards that have the big black hats, grey coats ( i thought they were supposed to be red but thats a different putfit or something apparently) and these guys that were the guards areent really guys at all, there just boys, they looked like they were 16 or so, so young, lol. and my camera died from battery lacking right then, well done ben! then we got photos of the palace itself, which is quite large to say the least! lol, and wandered out some side exit along Diana's memorial walk, and the nice gardens they have there, and we saw a squirel, yes possibly not the most exciting thing in the day, but i'd never seen one, so yay for little grey squirrels! So again having no idea of where we were going or what to do we wandered around and as i came around a corner we pretty much ran into westminster abbey, holy crap the builing is huge, it was like coming round the corner and seeing the bottom of the building, and expecting to see the top already, and it just doesnt happen, infact jordie has a photo that i will put up soon that is a double decker bus driving past, and you can see the arch doorways behind, that the double decker could fit thorugh, and thats about 1/8th the size of the rest of the bulding, yikes! and of course next to the abbey, (that we couldnt go into cos it was a sunday and no service running when we were there) there was big Ben! yay. and we were there in time for ther 1 o'clock bell! horray, and next to big ben is the parliament house thingy, which has got so many cool statues all over it, and looks fantastic! We were now getting hungry and tired and needed a short rest so it was on the tub e to Covent Garden, possibly the stupidest station in all of the tube system, lol, well small, before i get to that, aunty sally just told me an absolutley hilarious joke, here we go, : Whats the difference between a Kangaroo and a Kangaroot? Lol, we'll get back to that in a second, so Covent Garden Station has 2 ways to get to it, its all underground remember, so you can take the elevator, down along way, or you can take the stairs, its a spiral staircase, with 193 freakin stairs! that we walked up, that is just stupid, and that might give you an idea of how deep these tube stations are. and the staircase being spiral just sends you dizzy, really really dizzy!
punch line for joke, so what is the difference between a Kangaroo and a Kangaroo, well a kangaroo is an animal that bounces around, and a Kangaroot is a Scotsman that is trapped in an elevator, (say with bad scottish accent), I Kangeroot! lol, (for those who dont get it, he is saying i cant get out, lol ) funny funny! where were we... ah yes covent garden for lunch, Covent garden is pretty cool, heaps of street perfromers, lots of shopping, and markets and pubs, and as i hadnet even seen a walkabout pub since we'd been here, i though an aussie beer is really what i want! and they did! Hahn Premium and VB, now i wasnt going to pay £4 for a VB, cos that just seems completly ridiculous, i mean reall, you can buy 3 longnecks back home for that much, lol, so it was glorious Hahn that wouild remind me of all that i was missing back home, the beach, the goodf looking women which seem to not live in london, lol, the sun, my surfing, and my mates! and family, lol, so it was a nice reflection to have over lunch, with some friends (5 ) from australia, doing the travelling thing here in the UK, it was good, had a burger then it was time to do the 3 hour trek back to Hull, and we were stuffed jordie and i, we had walked miles and miles, we'd partied really hard, and had barely got any sleep, but it was well worth it, was a fantastic weekend with some great people in a really cool place!
I'm still having a ball and miss you all greatly!
Love ya, Benny Hugs!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb