yay museum day


Advertisement
Published: March 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hooray we did something yesterday!
lol. photos are still on my camera and i'm to lazy this morning to find the doobywacka to get them off that and on to here. Yesterday was a fun day, i didnt try and poison anyone with tea, we went to loads of museums, and watched a game of rugby league at the neighbours place and i'm not sure if they'll speak to me again, teehee, kidding everyone,
so yes we started at the tourist info bureau and found out that 7 museums iun the area and an art gallery (i'm not gay so didnt head there) are all free!!! so we started at, the maritime museum, which was ok, nothing special but had heaps of cool designed whale bone, and some coool info about the lighthouses and lightships they had in the area, and how Hull was a big trawler town and whale port, some cool photos of the decks of ships covered in disgusting walrus skins and them cleaning them and stuff, all icky icky, then we moved onto William Wilberforce house, and William Wilberforce was basically apperently the guy that started the end of the slave trade across the world, sounds like a pretty nice guy, but he did still have some of that old school bad ass type attitude with some things he did, but basically he was a real advocate and started of the stopping of slavery and the slave trade that was a huge industry in the 1600's and 1700's. After that place we then moved on to the Street Museum which has got all sorts of cool oldschool motor stuff, and trams and trains and buses and cars. and then there were small things running around in school uniforms, they ruined everything, lol, nah not really, the street museum had heaps in it, but we were getting a little tired by then,. and hungry i think,. but we may of eaten somewhere between the museums cos we went to burger king, and it was horrible and i'm not eating anymore fast food while i;'m here, i;'m nearly up to a year withough maccas, i think i'm just going to give up on that crap altogether, jordies coke tasted like something died in it, the chips contained about 1 potato chip out of 10, not sure what the rest were made of but they sure didnt taste like chips, and the burger was burnt, grrr.
So where was i, ah yes, we were tired and obviously needed refreshing, so to the pub we went, the what is fast becoming our local, cos its CHEAP, lol, but i was getting bored of there so after a couple we headed of to some green fronted one that was pretty dead inside but had that old enbglish pub feel to it, and i think it was on our ale guide which is a map of some of the local pubs in like a tiny section of the city, and there are 28 pubs in this guide, and it doesnt mention all of them, and it doesnt mention the rest of them in the city, which must be another 30 or so easily, so many pubs to choose from, and jordie and i were a little bored and then Holly rang me, which was great, so after 45 minutes on the phone to her, i thought she may need to consider the financial gain she's making for the telecommunication industry, and said goodbye, and then went home via a wine shop, as we had to ready ourselves for a game of rugb y league, and it was horrible, but the company was nice, i think i pulled off watching the game whilst explaining how bad the game is, in the company of seasoned fans, whoops, but the kid mathew is awesome,. loads of swimming certificates, so i've promised to teach him to surf when or if he ever comes to australia, as i know he wont drown, well thats what all the certificates say. so we made it out of there alive i think, i;m sure aunty sally reading this is just shaking her head and thinking of all the damage i've done in neighbour relations, but all is good, we had a good night, lol., then emily was home! and it was yay! and then we all found a place to sleep and we slept! Emily's got 5 weeks off, and hopefully some time to spare so she can show us around town! we might make a day of it next friday when {hillipa has the day off too!
Anyhow, i need to go shower and brush my teeth, yes aunty sally has me brishing my teeth nearly everyday, dont know how she did it, lol, and then we're off to london for the weekend! hooray, its Lisa's last weekend here, and Kylie's rocking in at some point, not sure if i'll see her this weekend, but today and tonight jordie and i are at the mercy of Lisa and Erin, excellent!
Have a good weekend everyone, i look forward to telling you all about mine!#
Love ya!
Benny Hugs

Advertisement



1st March 2008

wow loads of museums! but sounds good - have fun in london and say hi to erin :)

Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb