King Tut


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
January 14th 2008
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunday morning we got up early (for a weekend), and were at Wayne’s mums by 9am to pick her up. Destination - the DOME!

Wayne had bought tickets to the Tutankhamun exhibition as a Christmas present for his mum. My mum was supposed to also come along but didn’t feel like it so cancelled.

Wayne drove us there, parking was very easy, making a good start to the morning. We arrived at 10am, perfect timing!

The dome itself was quite a sight. Admittedly a waste of money, but I was impressed with how O2 had filled it. Lots of restaurants, a cinema, the arena, ice rink etc all taking up the floor space. We walked for a while before reaching the exhibition space. We got our tickets and joined the queue. The exhibition is always sold out, which meant that there were lots of people there. We walked for ages. The audio tour was very good (and I never like them!), all the displays were well spaced out with text explaining what it was you were looking at. Rather than just artefacts from Tut’s tomb the exhibition had items from other Pharaoh’s also showing the history that led to his reign. Each item was well lit and beautifully displayed. Having been to the Cairo museum which has far more on display it was refreshing to see items spaced out, which made them easier to appreciate.

Wayne’s mum thought it was brilliant as did we. It took around 2 hours to see everything, after which we were all tired and stopped at HAHA bar for a well deserved drink and lunch before driving back to Essex.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 87; dbt: 0.1083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb