ABBA Mania


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex
January 11th 2008
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We went out of Friday night to ABBA Mania,-

‘ever thought what it must have been like to see ABBA live? NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!’

That is the claim on the ABBA Mania website! We arrived and joined the group from the dive club, we were one ticket down, and after a bit of a worry managed to get another one, and luckily it was with the rest of the group.

The show started with a bang - big effect! WOW! The band began to play, FNATASTIC! Then on came ‘ABBA’, who were in full costume (bad wigs and all!). Great look, very funny. Then the started to sing. OK not so wow! ABBA is a hard act to impersonate, and they gave it a good shot. Benny on the Piano was very good although he never sung or spoke all night. Bjorn, on guitar was therefore the only male vocal, and his voice was as powerful as a bee’s hum. His guitar ‘playing’ was dubious, debate over if he was actually playing or not! The ladies were slightly better. Frida (the brunette) started off dancing with little enthusiasm, she did get better as the night went on. She had a good voice, but not very powerful and didn’t have the full range required for the solos! Agnetha wiggled lots and danced well, she was the best singer of the bunch, really trying hard.

The best part of the act was between the songs. The Swedish accents and were some of the best I have heard (bearing in mind these were the first ‘fake’ Swedes I had seen the competition wasn’t hard).

Despite the interesting performance we had a good sing along and a bit of a dance to some of ABBA’s best hits. ABBA it was not, but it was a great night out.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.323s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 19; qc: 92; dbt: 0.0999s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb