LONDON bits and pieces...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 15th 2007
Published: October 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi there all!

Due to popular demand... (mainly from my parents)...and people wondering what im doing... here are my last two weeks in pictures.

My hostel is absolutely fabulous!! Thankyou to Georgie for recommending it!! If you feel like google-ing it, its Palmers Lodge in Swiss Cottage, well worth checking out.

As I figure that ill be here for a while, im in no rush to see EVERYTHING in the first two weeks. So ive posted some snap shots for you to view. Unfortunatley I havn't made an appearance in any of the photos, as travelling on your own doesn't allow for self photographs easily, but even with my absence the photos still look good all the same 😊

Ive been to Buckingham Palace three times now...mainly because my camera battery died so I had to go back, and I still havn't seen the changing of the guards! so there will be another visit on the cards in the next few weeks. I also made a trip to see Big Ben and Parliament House. I had no idea that people were allowed inside Parliament until I stumbled accross the 'public entrance'. There were so many security guards and police it appeared to be totally off limits but I managed to find my way inside. Once again it was an amazing experience...after going through more security checks than Heathrow airport, I was escorted by the security into the House of Lords to view an actual debate. It was so beautiful inside and unfortunatley I wasnt permitted to take photos. The Lords were debating about gambling in sport and it was truely exciting to see the throne where Kings and Queens had sat in parliament, and the place where Charles 1 had been sentenced to death, and where Winston Churchill and the Queen Mother had once lay in state. There was definately a feeling of regalness within the cold stone walls, and it certainly increased my interests of history.


Other than that, ive been meeting loads of people, mainly all Australians... and finding my way around on the tube.






Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb