Party town!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 27th 2004
Published: August 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Another week and weekend gone.

Work was good, one of the guys Riki was leaving Friday, so there were 2 or three boozy lunches to be had over the week. Friday was the worst, 2 pints at 1pm, back to the office at 3pm, drinks at the office at 5:30pm, then straight down the pub again! Home by 1am tho, so not too bad. Eds leaving this Friday, (I must smell or something), so another week of activities hopefully.

Saturday went to The Imperial War Museum with Niki, Alistair and Dave. We were a little at odds tho, they finished the whole place in 3.5 hours and I spent 4 hours till close only seeing 1/4 of the bottom floor! Was an amazing place, learnt a lot of history and Ill be going back for more real soon.

Saturday night went to Weatherspoons with Bex, Harley, Hamish and crew. Weatherspoons is an ultra cheap bar, mass produced chain stores, that dont even spring for music. Good primer bar, but the lack of tunes does my head in after too long. Went from there for a very funny tube ride, (Note: the tube can be heaps of fun when theres a bunch of you liquored up!) into Picadilly Circus to a place called Strawberry Moon. Lots of people... lots of booze... bit pasat really. Must be getting old. Had fun tho. Hamish escorted me to a bus this time and getting home was no drama.
Sunday, dragged my carcase outta bed and did some chores, then toddled up to Camden Markets for a wander. Wanted to get some shoes Id seen a few weeks before, bright red Merrels, subtle as always! Quick duck into a shop for an impulse buy of a shirt, found the shoes, (last ones, lucky!) and spent a few hours walking the market. So much cool stuff up there and all the freaks come out to play, it's funny as hell. London is just chokka with shopping choices, it's mainly all shit you dont need, but theres 20 different styles and 50 different colours to choose from!
Out of the markets and just stick a nose in at Underdog, whoops. Shopping into coatcheck and we're off again! Make up for the mediocre Saturday night clubbing with a good old Shimmy down there. Toddled off home, into bed, jobs done!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.334s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb