Fitting into place


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
September 20th 2004
Published: August 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, its amazing how fast you can slip into the groove of things. Its gotten to the point now where it's kinda like home. You get up, go to work, come home, cook a feed, go to sleep and get up again the next day to do it all again!
Was sitting in the pub the other day, (new theme there), talking with Hamish and he raised a good point. Its almost half way through the decade people. Hows that for some freaky shit? The "millenium" was just last week for crying out loud!
Was cool having Hamish stay, few sleepovers, which of course started with evenings sittin at the pub. Apart from hanging out though, not been up to much.

Almost nailed down a date to go up North again to Ashbourne.
Looking at booking some tickets to Hogmany in Edinborough for New Years.
Probably going to go to Wales with Becky and Harley to watch the All Blacks, (I know, I know, I think it'll be the 2nd game of Rugby in my life. Pretty sure they sell beer there though... right?) in November.
Spent the weekend just gone as follows:
Friday night drinks after work, Hamish came along, got quite boozed. Dinner at Waggamama, (chinese canteen). Home to bed.

Crawled outta bed on Sat planning on going to see some of Londons buildings. They have 'Open House' here, where they let the public into some of Londons famous buildings for a free guided tour. The Gherkin, the Council building, Lloyds tower. Made it along to Lloyds tower only to find that the line was about 300m long. Stuff that. Hamish had just knocked off work so down to the pub it was! 2pm. Left there, home to shower, then down to another pub in hammersmith to do dinner with Becky and some other kiwi's. Still proceeding to get drunk. Me and Hamish left there and headed into Waxy Oneils in Leister Square. Super busy Irish pub, thought starting on Tequila shots would be a good idea. Wasn't.

No idea how we met up with the others, but we ended up at the Walkabout in Temple. Walkabouts for those that dont know are Kiwi, Aussie, Saffa bars, scattered around London. Big heaving ses-pit of kiwiana. Very Loaded Hog, Imigrant, (ie Meatmarket). To add insult to injury, started on the Snakebites, (1/2 lager, 1/2 cider, shot of blackcurrant syrup)
Still fairly proud I didnt barf by this stage! Mum would be so proud!
Then all of a sudden, decided I didnt want to be there and left to get a feed. On my own in a T-shirt, middle of the night, smashed. Brilliant!

Cut it short: Walked for a long time, jumped a bus, fell asleep, ended up in Harlsden, jumped another bus to Oxford St, then another to Hammersmith, then another to Turnham Green, then ran 20min home. All in all, about 4 hours stumbling around London ;o) Hey, at least I made it home, didnt see Hamish for a long time but thats his story to tell!
Woke up at 2pm the next day, swearing Id never drink again, then realised I was going out that night to a new friends wedding party thing. Bugger. Out into the breach once more dear friends! As usual, wedding's equal never ending glasses of champagne, especially when the bride in question manage's the bar were the party's held. Good night though. Took it easy, had a good boogie, tucked up in bed by 12pm.
Phew. Thats me, Im back at work for a rest.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb