Another Long Day


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
March 31st 2007
Published: March 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

well for a room with 12 people sleeping in it i must say it was very quiet! had a good sleep. hopefully we can have a repeat tonight....

so i got up early this morning and headed off to paddington station to see about going to bath for the day on the train. after easily buying tickets from an automated machine i was off! trains are lovely, just hop on 2 mins befoer they leave, and hop off in the middle of the next city right in the middle of it all. no security line ups, no lining up, nothing. it was so good.

so off to bath i went. went through the roman baths, 2000 years ago all the roman richies went there to soak in teh hot springs... it was really elaborate and cool to think they could do that so long ago... all powered by a 116 degree F spring. they sold tickets there as a combo for the costume museum which showcased clothing from 1600 to the present. so i saw lots of crazy corsets and dresses, adn even that ugly green dress with no front that barely covered jennifer lopezs chest a few years ago! i went through pretty quickly cuz it wasnt too too interesting. so then there wasn't anything else in bath i watned to do and it was only 200 so i decided to go 20 more mins on teh train to bristol!

Bristol was a nice city, lots of old stuff to see. didnt do any museums or anything, but i did get to see the Matthew! I didnt even see it when it was in Newfoundland in 1997, but at least i got to see it now! they also have a cabot tower (which looks nothing like ours) up on a big hill. the view was excellent, and itw as free. and there was a rain shower just as i got there so i got to hide away. Then i decided to check out the big suspension bridge going over the Avon gorge on the west side of town. after a long walk, i ended up under it looking up a few hundred feet at it. so of course i decided to trek up the huge hill to get up tehre. well worth it. i got to cross the bridge and get an awesome view of teh city and surrounds. took lots of pictures of course (i'm over 600 now!). had a burger and fries for supper, after having burger king for lunch. and i was doing so good at eating local too... oh well, food is food. i was too tierd to walk any more.

so i caught the train back to london and sat across from a few americans who had gotten on the wrong train hhehe as we were pulling into london they said 'so is this oxford'?... not quite.

one last day tomorrow, gotta get up in the london eye to get a good view of london, not sure what else. maybe some shopping to get a few souvenirs or something, since all i have bought is one t-shirt in rome. and i only bought that b/c i am out fo clean clothes and too cheap/lazy to do any washing. so i'll be good and smelly by the time i get home! awesome

flight tomorrow night around 10 at heathrow, home befoer 1am hopefully.

see y'all soon

Advertisement



Tot: 0.391s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0814s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb