Becki and Nanci’s European Adventure


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 12th 2023
Published: October 15th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today was going to be an easy day, because there was 100% chance of rain here in London. We have been on a dead run ever since we arrived in United Kingdom, so we were looking forward to a day off.

I spent the morning, trying to get everything canceled and trying to get some of our money back from our decision to stay away from Paris. The rest of the day we rested. We packed our suitcases and tried to make plans for the extra time we were going to have in London. if you’ve ever planned a big trip, you know it takes a lot of time, so I was grateful to have the time to work on planning.

I made a reservation for us to take a tea bus around London, and to take a bus trip outside of London to the Cotswolds, and other locations nearby. It will be fun to see some of the English countryside.

This evening we went to the Victoria pub, which is a very popular pub near our hotel. Every time I’ve tried to go there you could not get in the place, but Chrissy and I finally had dinner there back in April. Nanci and I felt very fortunate that we were able to get a seat and order a meal. Nanci opted for the fried fish and chips and I got a chicken pie with mashed potatoes and gravy. Our food was outstanding! I don’t know how the BRITs do it, but they know how to fix french fries or as they call them chips. We did talk to one of the managers and he told us the secret to the french fries or chips was they are triple cooked. This means they are boiled, then baked, then deep-fried. This causes the outside to be very crispy, and the inside to be a consistency of mashed potatoes. I could eat them constantly they’re so good!

We came back to our hotel, and for the first time since we’ve left home, turned on the TV. It was interesting to note they had the USA channel along with all the British TV channels.

This was a great day with a little activity and lots of rest. It’s just what we needed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 1.101s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.6476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb