Day 20 - final leg of the trip


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
October 14th 2022
Published: October 14th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today markets the start of the final leg of our trip - 2 final nights in London.

We did our final drive to drop the car off at City Airport and it was uneventful. But we did feel like we needed to mark the occasion with a selfie with the car. We put more than 2000 miles on it over the last two weeks.

We had a bit of chaos when the taxi to the hotel from the airport dropped us off at the wrong place and in the rush to get us and our luggage out, and pay the driver, Don accidentally left his phone in the taxi. A tense couple hours ensued…we put in a report and had to wait to hear.

We distracted ourselves with a visit to Harrod’s. We wandered past clothes we could afford and wouldn’t have worn if we could for a bit with no temptation. Amazing decor though with Egyptian carvings in the stairwell.

Our faith in humanity was justified when we got back to the hotel and the taxi driver had brought the phone back to the hotel! Yay!

We’re taking a few minutes to relax before we head off to dinner and to see the musical Tina. It’s a biography about Tina Turner that we don’t think has hit North America yet. We know the music will be good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb