Day Six- Last Day in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
July 1st 2018
Published: July 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Had a very relaxed last day in London. Trude and I went out to breakfast with Bec and Taylor to a cute little place called Haberdashery, where my smashed avo on toast came with a shot glass full of carrot juice. I had a chai latte as well which came with a small pot of honey on the side, which I’ve never experienced before.

After breakfast we went to a bookshop, where I picked up a cute souvenir book called “Very British Problems”. It basically is full of mini-dilemmas that apparently most British people experience, such as “when you realise you’re walking at the same pace as a stranger and thus hurling yourself into the nearest shop window”, and other situations like that.

On the way home we kept an eye out for celebrities, as apparently Highgate is a huge nesting place for them. Trudi’s aunt and uncle were saying they see Christopher Eccleston a lot, as well as Kate Moss and lots of Game of Thrones stars. Unfortunately we didn’t see anyone, but it was worth a look.

We spent the day playing board and card games with Trudi’s cousins, and eventually left at 5pm to get to Kings Cross Station. Our train to Edinburgh was at 6pm, so unfortunately we didn’t have enough time to wait in line for the Harry Potter trolley picture!

The train trip was lovely, it was so nice to watch the English countryside turn into the Scottish countryside, and there is way more leg room on the train than in a plane! Trudi’s aunt had made us some sandwiches and we packed some cider as well, so it was a very comfortable trip.

We arrived in Edinburgh at 10:30pm and were picked up by Trudi’s grandparents who drove us to their place, where we’re staying for tonight. It wasn’t a big day but we’re so knackered we’ve gone straight to bed. I was about to add in some photos with this post but it won’t let me, so unfortunately I’ll just have to show everyone photos when I get back!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb