Travels


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Twickenham
June 12th 2013
Published: June 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hello from the motherland. The weather is just like our winter in Oz, over cast, a bit wet and quite cool..........where is the northern summer for goodness sakes? We are having a great time with Roger's cousin Chris and his wife Liz in Twickenham. We have been made to feel very welcome and very much at home and Liz is an amazing cook. It is not far out of London and it is in such a pretty place. They managed to get the relies together on Sunday and we had a great time meeting everyone that Roger had not seen for nearly 40 years. Each day we get up and catch the train into the centre of London. We have been to St Paul's Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, Churchills Bunker, St Martins in the field and had communion there, Tower of London, Leicester Square, Big Ben, Covent Gardens Markets , St Clements Danes, Wesminster Abbey, and the list goes on and on. Still heaps to see. Yesterday we had lunch right on the Thames in an ancient boat it was terrific. Tomorrow we go and get our hire car from Staines in Middlesex and then leave the next day for the green country side of England just stopping where we want. We have booked a pub in a little town for a couple of days and a fab place in Oxford for 2 nights then it is up to Bristol to see Edge Church there( very excited). We will get to Bath, Oxford, Illkeston, North of Birmingham then coming back to London then off to France. Tomorrow night we are going into Whitehall to see the Mass bands of the army with Chris....very exciting...home very late. We are having a wonderful time in this place that is so steeped in history. We sat in a little pub in the middle of London today and had the best cup of tea, very English me thinks..... The underground is amazing and it is so far down under London...sometimes 3 lots of escalators down, down, down. It is hard to believe we have been gone for 5 weeks because we have packed so much into that time....exhausting but fabulous. Roger finds it hard to fathom that he is back in London but also how much things have changed in 40 years. Will write again after some more jaunts around the place. Love Roger & Jacqui in the UK.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0357s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb