London Royal Parks walks on 2 May


Advertisement
Published: June 5th 2022
Edit Blog Post

As directed by ‘Walking in London’ by Peter Aylmer, we began the walk from Camden Town station. Following signposts, we walked through bustling high street with a number of independent shops selling interesting looking items.

We entered Regent Park from northeast gate and passed chestnut lined Broad walk and head for Queen Mary’s gardens. Roses were not out yet, but there were lot of flowers blooming on the beds and water rock gardens.

Though he seemed to be a little confused with directions, Mark managed to find ways to find the bridge to join the towpath of Regent’s canal. I remembered walking along Regent’s Cana in 2000 before we married. Nothing was changed from that time – we saw a number of grand mansions with valley gardens along the towpath. We were then directed go up to a ramp above the canal next to the residential flat buildings, cross Edgware road by a pelican crossing and go through the pavement flanked by trees. This pavement was parallel with Regent’s Canal and led us to the triangular canal basin of Little Venice. All the boats stationed in the Little Venice were used as restaurants/cafes or entertainment venues – there were a lot of people in there.

Afterwards, we followed the quiet, elegant looking residential house on Westbourne Terrace Road near Paddington Station. We crossed over two zebra crossings just before Sussex Gardens and this route led us to Bayswater Road and we were able to find Lancaster Gate of Kensington Gardens.

We seemed so have some energy in the sunny afternoon on 2 May. We continued walking on Kensington Gardens, strolled through Diana Princess of Wales Memorial garden, enjoyed looking spring flowers and scented flowers. We finished the walk at Hyde Park Corner and decided to continue the Royal Parks walk course at other time. .


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

SquirrelSquirrel
Squirrel

Grey squirrels have no hesitation of showing their real life.


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb