It's OK, I know Jeff!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Putney
February 23rd 2008
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

For Valentine's day I surprised Nicola to a stand up comedy show by an Irish guy called Jimeoin. Romantic, I know. I have to mention that when looking for the theatre we strolled passed a 'learn to belly dance' studio, Nic was terrified that was going to be our final destination.

The show was great, Nic was in stitches especially when he talked about bad smells and how to trick your partner into smelling them. He farts on the back of his wrist (where you'd spray perfume) and holds his wrist out for his wife to smell, classic.

The following Friday we hosted at our flat the second round of maverick renegade poker which is a strict toilet seats up night i.e. males only. The girls have a night out somewhere so it works out well. My flatmate Corey has had some bad luck with his foot, and was and still is now on antibiotics. Doctors and specialists have been puzzled by his case and have only recently diagnosed it as reactive arthritis. Therefore, sadly he missed a few shindigs. He did get to witness this one, he probably should have played, he most likely would have cleaned us up in our drunken states. The eventual winner was Rich with Dave second, I was unlucky again but just happy Andre didn't fluke another win.

With the night still relatively young we went for a look at the local Putney nightlife. Richard and I were behind the main pack when we decided to see if the local legionnaires club would serve us a drink. We knocked on the large menacing front door and were greeted by a large butler/bouncer, he looked down at us and uttered 'can I help you?' We asked if we could enter and we were flatly refused. I pondered this and out of nowhere said 'we're friend's of Jeff's.' Amazingly the bouncer said 'oh ok go on in' - (He clearly didn't know any words longer than 2 letters long.) Rich and I were amazed and in hysterics. We walked to the bar asked for two drinks and were refused. Again I said 'it's ok we know Jeff' The bar manager heard this and told the barman to pour us a drink. He was just about to do so when all of a sudden big Jeff turned up. Jeff was angry and made it clear in no uncertain terms that he didn't know us or want to. By this stage I couldn't stop laughing, I had clearly left my poker face at the table earlier. We decided now would be a good time to leave and caught up with the others for a cracking night out. Richard has since googled common names and found there are 6000 male ones, so to pull out Jeff was a 1 in 6000 shot! It's just a shame it wasn't happy Jeff and not short angry old man Jeff.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb