The Royal Wedding 2011


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Mile End
April 29th 2011
Published: May 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We flew to London on Wednesday for 5 days to see the royal weddng which was on Friday. We stayed at my Aunty Rhondas' house which was a bit tight on space but it was alright.

We woke up early and planned to leave the house around 9 o'clock to face the streets of London. We got outside and the streets were pretty much empty. We caught the bus to Oxford Circus. We then walked to South Bank. There was a big screen there so you could watch the wedding but there were only about 20 people there. We were surprised how empty the place was. Along with watching the wedding from the London streets we also wanted to be apart of the atsomspheire.

We decided to carry on walking to the next big screen. The crowds kept growing and growing the closer we got. We found the Traffalger Square big screen but they only allowed a certain amount of people in that area and that area happened to be full. But there was a huge crowd outside it watching the wedding from there. We joined the crowd pushing through everyone trying to find a good spot to watch it from. We found a decent spot but the view wasn't the greatest although it would've been impossible to find a perfect spot. Unless you could get yourself on top of one of the telephone booths or on the roof of a little magazine store on the steet like some people did.

The wedding was great to watch. We saw a few royal people we recognized but we didn't see any celebrities arriving. Halfway through the service we decided to go back to dfivjncldf so we could watch William and Kate leave Westminister and arrive at the Palace where they did the balcony kiss. We went back to South Bank so we could have a better view and we were also able to sit down.

After the balcany appearance we walked back to the house and watched some of the highlights of the wedding on tv. Aunty Rhonda had organized one of many street parties going on all over London. We helped her finish off her English food then we went down to by the cannal to set everything up. Heaps of people turned up, there was alot more than I thought there would be. Everyone brought plenty of food so we ended up with heaps of food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb