The Cheverny


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Cheverny
May 3rd 2011
Published: May 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to blois to do a bit of shopping. Blois is much bigger than vendome and had much more shops. We got there around 12 so all the shops were shutting for lunch. We decided to go sit down and have a drink while the shops were shut. So after our drinks we went to have a look around the shops. The shops were quite interesting and there were so many shoe shops! Some shops I had recognised from other towns we had been to. After shopping we went to have lunch as we were quite hungry by then. After lunch we went to find another modern art museum mum had found out about. Luckily it was shut so we didn't have to see it. Instead we went back to the car and went to another castle called the Cheverny. When we choose the three castles this one wasn't one we had picked to go to although it was one dad wanted to go to. Originally we were going to go to the Usse castle which is also known as the sleeping beauty castle. We had changed to this one because it was much closer. We arrived at about 4:30 and everyday at 5:00 they had a public feeding of the dogs they had there. The dogs were French hounds and there was about 100 of them. So after we brought our tickets we went to have a look at the gardens. Then at 5:00 we went over by the dogs to watch them get fed. It smelt really bad were the dogs were but the first area they were in looked well maintained. When the guy get there to feed them he put them in a different section and rinsed the floor with buckets of water then put a huge pile of what looked like dried up pasta and other bits. He spread it all out then let the dogs back in. The dogs came sprinting out eager to get some food. Once we had taken our pictures we went to have a look at the castle. There was a man at the door who was checking the tickets and giving out brochures about the castle. He actually thought we were French and started giving us a French brochure until we told him we would prefer it in English. This castle was a bit like the first one we went to. It wasn't to big and it was well furnished. Although this castle was currently owned by a family who didn't look like royal castle owners instead just a normal family. We looked through the castle which didn't take long at all then went out the other side to have a look at the gardens there. So far the two smaller castle have been better because they have a lot more inside and they aren't to big although the aren't the most famous castles. 


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb