Day four


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Steph came round and off to the usual cafe for a healthy breakfast.

Heading back into London today, we caught the bus so Michelle could ride the double decker.

Embarked at Trafalgar Square for a few more pics. London was noticeably busier today as it is Friday and the weather is ok.

Walked past the national museum to see the theme is about British cavalry so the horses were on display. Also here was our first look at how security has been tightened up as there were police in full kit and armed with automatic weapons.

Continued along past 10 Downing St, also heavily guarded.

Walking over the bridge to the London Eye, the scammers were out today, with different distractions to pick your pocket. Michelle was quick to move me along. Lol

Rode the eye which takes around 30 mins for a revolution. It doesn't stop for embarking on and off.

Naturally the views are amazing.

Next was a quick tube and down to the Tower of London.

As this tower/castle has centuries of history and is a big place to see,we spent 4 hours there trying to take it in.

It houses the Crown Jewels, which interested the girls more than me.

I like the old weapons and torture chambers better.

There are many scratchings in the stone walls from centuries old as prisoners awaited their fate.

The tower was also the place be- headings were carried out both public and private,quite gruesome really.

Friday night peak hour saw the tube pack full, where some trains couldn't fit any more in. So commuters would wait for the next one. Michelle hates being jammed into those trains.

Back to Kensington plans are made to go and meet Stephs travel partner and room mate.( Racheal)

We get the bus and off to a pub near Stephanie house.

A couple of pints and another jug of pimms saw us out and back in the bus and home by 9.

Days have been long,so we all decide for a sleep in tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb