Day three


Advertisement
Published: May 22nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

It's Stephs 23rd birthday yeah!

Today is all about Steph, so it's her pick for everything we do and everywhere we go.

She had booked for us a canal tour from a place called little Venice down to Camden markets.

Michelle wanted to take the bus to experience a double decker, as with the trains they come every 7-8 minutes.

Waiting at our stop for number 70 would see about 30 buses (double deckers) come and go.

Then number 70 bus turns up and it's a single decker just like the buses at home. It was so funny, but I guess you had to be there.

Found our canal boat and we were off for a relaxing and informative ride down to Camden markets.

The canals in London have played a big part in London history, as they were used prior to roads and trains to move goods around.

They were horse drawn before motors and canal operaters would live in tiny cabins with their families.

There are still many people choosing to live in these canal boats today.

The canals were man made and there is a loch system to control the levels.

We reached Camden markets which are all built in around the horse stables, where the canal boats used to keep their horses.

It was very different part of London with a lot of alternative style people.(hippies and young unemployed)

We then headed up to Primrose hill for a view of Londons skyline.

Running out of time to do the London eye as was the plan, we decided to head back to Kensington and get ready for Stephs birthday tea.

We had booked Jamie Oliver diner but were turned off by very poor review on the Internet.

Change of plans and ended up back at the Dickens, which is an old English down at the docks.

Steph had also arrange for us to met the new boyfriend (Brad)

After dinner we met up with another of Stephs friends (Sophie)and all headed to another pub(Minories). This pub was under a railway bridge and when the trains went over, you felt them.

Back on the tube to home saw us in bed by midnight.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



22nd May 2015

Followers
So happy for you all. Not on your "followers" list coz not sure it wouldnt leave our e-mail address out for anyone to see - but WE are followers !! Nxx
22nd May 2015
Yummy cup cakes

Food
Lay off all that food Diggo otherwise your gunna need a bigger boat lol looked yummy but .Wheres all Michelle's veggies lol
23rd May 2015

Hey guys, look like you have settled into travelling quite nicely. I sent Steph a text on her normal phone? and viber for her birthday, don't know if she got it. Keep enjoying, stay safe. xxx

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb