Day 5


Advertisement
Published: May 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Started the day with a sleep in as all a bit tired.

Michelle and I spent the morning exploring the shops as we weren't meeting Steph till 1pm.

We had been into Tesco, Sainsbury, Marks&Spence and Morrisons, but today we found Whole Foods and is the best food retailer we have ever seen.

Met with Steph and headed in to explore St Paul's Cathedral, another must do in London.

You do a self guided tour with headphones on, so as to get the full history.

After exploring the cathedral floor we started the long climb to the top.

Michelle went halfway due to the warnings of tight spaces and slow moving people in the last two levels.

Steph and I ventured up and got stuck for about 5 minutes waiting for the crowd, it was hot and tight. I think we did amount 600 steps to get to the top.

Naturally the view was worth it.

Next plan was to go to the sky garden on the building called the "Walkie Talkie"

Steph pre booked as it is very popular . Security was like the airport with full scanners and metal detectors.

Arrived at the 35 th floor to an amazing space . It was huge as the whole top level was set aside for this massive atrium.

A few drinks here to take in the view of the city and then we headed back on the tube to Soho for dinner.

Tonight we had Asian for something different. It was half the price of English pub meals and twice as good .

Back on the tube to head home.

Said good bye to Steph as she was off to Liverpool for the long weekend .

Home by 10.30pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.642s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb