London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
August 12th 2006
Published: August 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are back in London, we have travelled down the coast past the home of golf in Scotland and as I stood on the first tee at St. Andrews I was amazed to see a public path runs across the fairway, not far - about a five iron for me from the tee so you have to wait or yell at the crowd to hurry up but also a beautiful town. We crossed the border and saw Will Shakespeares home town, the city of York and again another place full of history and interesting old buildings. Our first night back in London we gathered at an old pub across the road from our hotel, only to discover it was owned bay an Aussie who joined us with his wife and we had a great time singing Aussie songs and getting plastered. With sore heads next - yesterday morning we set off walking along the Thames to Tate gallery, spent an hour or so looking a fine paintings could look for days then to Parliment house did a tour of Westminster Abbey and lunch sitting in St, James park listening to a big brass band then a tour of Buckingham Palace what treasures and riches are in there, amazing how the other half lives it just defies logic. Today we are off to Harrods and then will see how we feel after some retail therapy, may give us new found strength. Off to Paris tomorrow airport permitting, things are pretty tense at the moment, will keep you informed if the keyboards a not in french, miss you all thanks for the comments have you heard from Sarah, Leighanne?

Advertisement



15th August 2006

Sailing Back In Time
Check out the Orato.com story, "Sailing Back In Time: Reliving A Classic 18th Century Adventure," about the route of Captain Cook taken by an Australian writer. www.orato.com/node/420

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb