Sweet Tunes in the Park


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
June 22nd 2006
Published: July 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The sun was shining and the music was so fine at the O2 Wireless Festival held annually in Hyde Park. On the bill for the 22nd was Captain, Missy Higgins (whoa!!!) Violent Femmes, K.T Tunstall, Ray LaMontagne and headlining was Mr David Gray. Pretty special lineup.

There were rides, market stalls and a big screen for the World Cup Soccer - Australia V Croatia. So all in all it was a very entertaining afternoon in the park. Missy as usual rocked the house and I think the exposure she got from this festival will set her up for success in the UK and Europe. There is a definite trend over here for more acoustic, live music which Missy fits right into. Speaking of huge raw talent, I fell in love with the very Joe Cocker-ish voice of Ray LaMontagne. His debut album Trouble is full of emotion and very beautifully written. Seeing the Violent Femmes after all these years was amazing, the lead singer has still retained his very distinctive voice and on stage style. David Gray is sensational live - it was the second time we have seen him live and he hasn’t yet disappointed, especially singing Sail Away with the entire crowd singing along with him.....

In keeping with the music theme, after our trip to Turkey (that blog is coming....) Liani's cousins band Klopjag were in London promoting their third album. Unfortunately I was unable to go due to having contracted some weird and very urgent stomach bug in Turkey, but I saw the photo's and have listened to their album ever since. Even though it is in Afrikaans (which I must say is coming along nicely....) I have probably listened to it everyday on my iPod! The music is exactly the style I like so I am hoping to see them when they return in September. Anyway here are the photos, can’t half tell they are family eh!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 26; qc: 121; dbt: 0.1046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb