New job


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
March 21st 2009
Published: March 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

15/3/09
So I’m on the train bn Shewsbury and London for the 4th day in a row. Very over it now.
Ronan and I have booked a hostel in London’s NE for a week, called Sleeping Beauty. So I’m headed back to town with all my stuff to set up in the hostel and get ready to start work tomorrow at 8am.
Went for another run by the river in Shrewsbury this morning. Have GOT to be doing exersize for regularly, quit eating so much food and drinking so regularly. My mission is to avoid the Heathrow injection!
Ronan couldn’t get a cheap train ticket until tomorrow so he’s going to catch up with me tomorrow evening. He’s still trying to gather all the material he needs for his nursing registration.
I’m so lucky tto have gotton a job so soon. It’s crazy job hunting over here! Can’t believe I’ve tripped into a mental health job too!
Fred, Ronan’s uncle, took us to see Ironbridge yesterday. Very picturesque. They have the first iron bridge built there. Apparently iron work flourished in the region due to the nature of the local limestone. It was able to be fuel for a much hotter fire, which in turn enabled better manipulation of the iron.
We also went to a nearby township. The name escapes me at the moment. It’s incedably old and is, arguably, the birthplace of the modern Olympics. An influential man, also a dr, in the region started regular community athletic competitions in the town. All in the interest of public health. He became acquaintances with another man who ended up creating the modern Olympics.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb