No longer homeless...but still jobless


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
January 7th 2005
Published: January 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello all! Alyssa and I are doing well in London. We've now got a place of our own, well sort of. We live in a house-share, which is a flat of our own (a room: bed, closet, fridge, desk, tv) and share 2 bathrooms and a kitchen. The place is nice, it's located in western London, in the North Kennsington/Notting Hill area, yeah...just like the movie. It's in a little cottage type house, made of stone, ceramic, roof, and a little fenced in garden, oh...how cute. So now we're in the process of trying to find jobs. It's proven to be a bit difficult this time of year, but we're working hard at it. Yesterday we walked around all afternoon and handed out our CV's (resume) to just about every retail store we could find that looked interesting. We have a few leads and are hoping to have something by next week. The weather here has been decent so far, but it's starting to get a bit chillier, and colder. I know this because I've got a nasty lil cold right now, that I'm trying to fight off! It hasen't rained too much so far, so that has been nice. But one thing for sure you don't want to get caught in London's winter w/o your jacket, scarf, gloves, hat, umbrella, and a map, so you can try and figure out where you are...this place is huge! One cool aspect of our flat is that we share it with some other students that are here living and working through the same program that we are. We've made some cool friends here, which is nice, and even have some plans to travel with a few of them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb