Livin it up in London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
January 1st 2005
Published: January 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone! Tom and I are staying in tonight since last night was pretty crazy, so I thought it would be nice to start the Blog. We've been in London for a few days now and are pretty well accustomed to how things work around here. The tube system is so simple and efficient. Everything is super expensive, which is the biggest downfall of this city, but so far we're liking it a lot and I think we're going to stay here for the next 2 1/2 months. It's nice being here not on such a strict time limit, like we have been on all of our other trips abroad. We've seen Big Ben and Parliament, walked around the big shopping areas and Piccadilly Square, which is the "Times Square" of London. We also set up our cell phones. Today we took a ride on the top of one of the double decker buses to see some of the city. We went through an orientation at BUNAC and started searching for accomodation and jobs. At BUNAC we met some other travelers from the United States and Canada. We stayed in a nicer hotel the first couple nights, which was great to be able to relax, then yesterday we moved to our hostel, "Journeys". It is not the greatest place I've seen in my life (our room smells bad), but it will do for the next couple of days. Last night for New Years, we went to a busy square for the countdown, where there were fireworks, then walked around to pubs in the area. At about 4 we headed to China Town to get some late night food, then headed home. Tonight we're taking it easy. We just booked our flights to Dublin for St. Patty's Day tonight, so we're pumped about that. We hope all is well at home, and hope to hear from you all soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb